Tuesday 10 February 2015

HAUL + SWATCHES // Australis 50% off Sale



Australis AC<3ME metallic eye shadow in the shade “Bronzonce”


    


This was the perfect opportunity for me to A. get the final pot for me to complete the limited edition eye shadow collection and B. get an eye shadow that is ironically named after my all-time favourite artist – BeyoncĂ©. Australis currently has a limited edition collection that consists of nail, lip and eye products called AC<3ME.  I already had purchased two pots of the AC<3ME eye shadows – Plum Diddy and Jay Zed. Plum Diddy is obviously a metallic, shimmery plum colour and Jay Zed is a dark, slightly muddy gold. And my favourite out of the three, (and not just because of the cute and creative name), Bronzonce, is a bright, shimmery bronze colour- which I cannot wait to experiment with. The shadows are all cream products, which are probably the only cream shadows I own, very exciting and new for me.  Also, when swatched they are extremely pigmented and vibrant, whilst still keeping the shimmer and glisten that is ever so evident in the pot. The packaging is simple yet adorable, in a round black plastic pot with a clear, screw on lid. While the label and individual naming is placed on the bottom, the transparent lid has the Australis AC<3ME stamp in a reflective hot pink. So overall, the packaging is cute, the names are adorable and the product itself, seems to be a ten already, without even using it. But I will report back to you guys, of what I think about the wear of the eye shadows, etc. So keep an eye out ;)





Australis Velourlips in the shade “RIO-D”


    


So, Velourlips are Australis’ highly pigmented matte lip cream that applies creamy and finishes matte. Initially, I had briefly been hearing about the Velourlips range on YouTube, I purchased two colours- “Hon-O-Loo-Loo” and “Mi-Am-Mee” at my local Big W, tried “Mi-Am-Mee” which is kind of like an intense watermelon pink colour, on Christmas Day of 2014 and was highly pleased with the product. It applied very easy being a creamy consistency, especially for a matte product, although I wouldn’t label it as super-duper buttery, because it does still have some texture and is rather thick (if that makes any sense at all). So I thought to myself, Australis is having an amazing 50% off sale, why not really celebrate Australia Day and take advantage of this opportunity, so I went ahead and purchased my third Velourlips, in the shade “RIO-D”. The reason behind me purchasing this particular colour, is due to an amazing photo I saw on the Australis InstagramPage that immediately caught my eye. But, now that I own it, I am still yet to try the shade and see if it is as amazing on me as it is on the girl in the picture #superkeen The last thing that I HAVE to mention and praise bout this product, is the smell... The three that I own already, all smell so beautiful. It is such a fruity yet, bubble-gum like aroma, which really just seals the deal on this product. Yet another 10 ;)


        



Australis Full On Foundation in the shade “Natural Fawn”


    


Basically, all the foundations that I own are liquid formulas in glass bottles, so I thought I would step out of my comfort zone a little. And needless to say my little venture resulted in the purchase of Australis’ stick foundation. This purchase was purely off experimentation and curiosity. I have never tried anything like this product before and after seeing Brittney-Lee Saunders’ firstimpression/review on the Full On Foundation stick, I was interested in trialling the product. Unfortunately, because it was an online purchase I wasn’t able to test colours, therefore I used a nifty little website called, findation.com, that essentially matches your current foundation and shade to other brands and the equivalent shade. I am also yet to try this product for wear, colour and formula.



Australis Eyeshadow Primer


    


There are three simple, yet very self-explanatory explanations as to why I purchased the Australis Eyeshadow Primer A. because I don’t own an eye shadow primer B. I have never used an eye shadow primer and C. I’ve been wanting to buy an eye shadow primer since forever. So I brought it, I own it and now I can use it. The product comes in a labelled box, that claims its “all day wear, no creasing, and gives your eye shadow a smoother and more vibrant finish” – which is yet to be confirmed (by me). The bottle itself is very cute and girly, continuing on with the hot pink reflective theme. It has a sponge applicator, and the product itself is a creamy coloured consistency, that dries clear.



Australis Tint My Brow in the shade “Light brown”


    


I have heard many good things about Australis’ ‘Tint my Brow’, with most reviews being comparisons to the ‘Gimmie Brow’ by Benefit. So I thought, I had to purchase it and see what all the hype is about. Although, unfortunately at the time Australis didn’t actually have the shade that I was after – light brown, so I ended up settling for blonde :/ And yes, I know, it was a bit of a gamble and I may not be able to receive the proper service that is supposed to provide, but I’m excited to use and own it, it’s something out of the ordinary for me.



Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this little mini haul , I know it’s a bit late, but its better late than never, right? (Do take into account that shipping did take about a week). Australis is a well-known Australian cosmetic brand that I often enjoy using – they also don’t test their products on animals which is a positive. Be sure to check them out, either online, in store at Big W or K-Mart.





-xo

Instagram: @_telishawoodward
Twitter: @telishawoodward
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig