Thursday 19 February 2015

ROUTINE // Night Skincare Routine



First, to remove majority of my make-up I will use, Simple’s kind to skin cleansing facial wipes. From what I can remember, these facial wipes are the third brand that I have used to remove make-up and I think I will stick to them. I originally purchased them because Big W, was having a sale on the whole Simple range, and I was due for a change in facial wipes and thought I would give them a go. Previously, I have used K-mart’s make-up removing wipes, which I didn't find overly powerful when trying to remove make-up, but for the price you pay, that’s what you’d expect – they are a cheaper alternative that I would purchase for backups or in case of emergencies though. I have also used Biore’s make-up removing wipes, which I personally felt to become very chemically towards the end of the packet. Removing any lip products would result in a funky taste and the wipes would also irritate and sting my eyes. So therefore, I was desperate in finding a new holy grail make-up wipe, and I think I have in Simple’s facial wipes – they do a great job in actually removing make-up without harming my face. Oh, and the actual packaging itself deserves a mention, the seal (to open and close the packet), lasts until your final wipe. I find it very inconvenient when you've used three or four wipes in a packet, close the packet, it doesn't seal properly and the wipes dry out, but luckily for me, I have finally found a product that does not do that... Yay! I am loving this product and cannot wait to try more of this range.



    




Next, I will use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, alongside K-mart’s trusty make-up remover pads to eliminate any excess make-up that may have been previously missed. Generally, I will use two pads – one for my face and one for my eyes. My purchase of the Garnier cleansing water, was purely based off the hype on beauty blogs and YouTube channels – I had heard really good reviews about the product and I thought I would see if it’s legit. And.. It is. I really enjoy using this product as a backup make-up remover, following the wipes, as I know that after using the two products in conjunction with each other, all of my make-up has been removed. Another plus, is definitely the size and amount that you receive in the bottle. I can’t quite remember when I purchased my bottle, but I do know it was sometime last year (early or mid-2014) and I haven’t even reached half empty yet – if anything I'm probably only a quarter through the bottle (the bottle does mention that is contains 200 uses). So, for the amount that you pay and the time that it lasts, I think it is a really good purchase. And I will continue using it, until maybe, something better comes along ;)






Then, using my facial cleansing brush that I got for Christmas (and unfortunately couldn't find the link or brand), I wash my face with either the Biore’ Daily Detoxifying Scrub or the Pore Unclogging scrub depending on how my skin is and what I think I will benefit from. In saying that, I usually only use the Pore Unclogging scrub every third day (or unless I really need it), generally so that my pores aren't too ‘clean’, whilst still allowing them to be cleared up every so often.


    




And finally, I will use my absolute favourite face care product ever! The Biore’ 4-in-1 Revitalising Cleanser. Again, I use the facial brush and cleanser together – which I believe provides you with the best possible result. I love using this product because, when you’re using it you can literally feel your face being cleansed. As soon as the foam hits your face, your face feels nice and cool and once it’s been washed off, there’s no words – it just feels fresh and clean. I love it and I know I will definitely be re-purchasing this product.


    




These are the products and this is the method in which I remove my make-up and clean my face. Ever since I have been using the combination of these products, I have definitely noticed the results on my face. I don’t have as many breakouts and when I do they are quickly resolved. I wake up with clean, clear skin (most) days, and I'm happy with that. If any of you know or have any products that you swear by, please let me know.. I am more than happy and very open to trying new things.






- xo


Instagram: @_telishawoodward
Twitter: @telishawoodward
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig